*Starting today I am going to feature an interview with a vintage clothes lover the first Sunday of each month.
I intend to feature all levels of people involved with vintage clothing from sellers to buyers.
This is a call to all my readers around the world to submit a picture of themselves dressed in vintage and answer the interview questions that I have posted below:
- How long have you been collecting vintage clothing for?
- What got you into vintage clothing?
- What are your favorite eras of clothing?
- What do you like about clothing from these eras?
- Who are some of your favorite vintage designers?
- Who are some of your favorite modern designers?
- What would be your ultimate vintage find?
- Where do you do the majority of your vintage shopping- garage, estate and rummage sales, thrift stores, vintage stores, online vintage stores or eBay?
- Is vintage clothing popular in the city that you live in?
- Who are some of your favorite style icons?
- What are your favorite vintage movies, music and television programs?
- Do you collect any other types of collectibles or antiques?
Please also include your name, city and state or country of residence and your age (optional).
Questions and answers may be edited for content.
You will be contacted via email if your interview is to be posted on the site.
Send replies titled "The Style Council" to lulusvintage (at) yahoo.com
*Our first interview is with Ulla-Maaria Mutanen of Finland.
She is the author of two blogs: Hobby Princess and Umm
Ulla looks absolutely radiant in the photograph pictured below.
In the interview you will learn of her admirable clothing philosophy.
The interview and photograph posted below were originally published in Olivia magazine.
This post was originally published on April 1, 2007.