This month's vintage clothing lover is Henriette Weber Andersen of Copenhagen, Denmark.
She keeps busy with blogging, modifying clothing in a label called "my mommy loves me" and she is a co-editor of GreenGirlsGlobal.com - where you can learn even more about her.
- How long have you been collecting vintage clothing for?
I have been collecting vintage since my teenage years - I still remember my first vintage find, which was a grey 60s coat with a belt and wide sleeves =) - at the time I thought it was to boring so I added purple and orange boas on the sleeves to make it look more fancy
- What got you into vintage clothing?
My mother, she absolutely adores to go treasure hunting in 2nd hand stores and finds some really unique items - they are not pretty all of them - but there are occasional treasures... and the state of the world - I'm a green girl!
- What are your favorite eras of clothing?
It must be the 50s, 60s and 70s
- What do you like about clothing from these eras?
Graphical prints, patterns and the advanced simplicity of the 50s especially. I don't like dressing too girlie... so no blondes for me - give me colors instead
- Who are some of your favorite vintage designers?
I love Diane Von Furstenberg and Marimekko design, also if I can get my hands on any vintage Vivienne Westwood - Im a happy lady =)
- Who are some of your favorite modern designers?
I love Luella Bartley - especially her bags, Tarina Tarantino for accessories, I wouldn't mind a bit of Marc Jacobs either. Oh and Christian Louboutin shoes (is he a modern designer?)
- What would be your ultimate vintage find?
Right now a 50s wedding dress and a pair of silver plateaus to go with it. I would wear it for my wedding next summer.
- Where do you do the majority of your vintage shopping- garage, estate and rummage sales, thrift stores, vintage stores, online vintage stores or eBay?
Online vintage stores, vintage stores and thrift stores.
- Is vintage clothing popular in the city that you live in?
I live in Copenhagen- and vintage is a very popular kind of clothing here.
- Who are some of your favorite style icons?
I am a Marilyn Monroe fan, and I adore SJP and the outfits she wears in Sex and the City. But I think that all women who dress themselves up are my style icons.
- What are your favorite vintage movies, music and television programs?
Hitchcock amazes me all the time, I love Abba - and TV programs I must say MTV in the 80s =)
- Do you collect any other types of collectibles or antiques?
I collect vintage designer furniture for my apartment and I have some favorite real old figurines from my mothers family that I wouldn't trade in for anything.
Thanks to Henriette for answering our Style Council interview questions!
You too could be featured on Lulu's Vintage Style Council!
Just email me- lulusvintage (at) yahoo.com a photo of yourself wearing vintage (it can be a modern outfit accented with vintage accessories or a complete vintage ensemble) and answer my
This post was originally published on June 3, 2007.